Southern Alberta Trail
***** IMPORTANT NOTE ******
A workaround for the
Mapsource and Basecamp display problems has been implemented in version
ensure that you read this page for more details.
Here to view the Revision History
If you would like
notified up map updates send a note to our e-mail
address and let us know.
you have any problems e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brand GPS Receivers
- File Copy to the GPSr. If you have a new style Nuvi you can simply download and copy one of
the following files to the MAP directory on the unit's internal or
external memory. If you have and older unit or a handheld unit, you copy the files to the GARMIN directory. With old style units rename the file to GMAPSUPP.IMG
Mapsource/Basecamp/Mapinstall (on a PC)
To install the maps to a GPS from a PC:
"setup.exe" contained in the ZIP file and follow the instruction for
installation. The maps will now be visible in Mapsource and
Basecamp. Press CTRL-G twice in order to clear the image cache
from the previous version.
In the Map selection tab in the upper left corner, click on the pull
and select "Southern Alberta Trail Maps". This will bring up a
single map with all of the trail information.
this map and
any other maps that you require in the normal fashion and download then
GPSr as normal. The trail map should show up on top of any other
that are loaded to your unit. Be careful to only choose the trail map and not the background map. See this page for more details.
This is easier to manage with Mapsource than with Mapinstall and
therefore suggest the use of Mapsource. Within Mapsource, you can
also choose to include routing information, which is not possible
to Basecamp/Roadtrip/Mapinstall (on a MAC)
Mapsource Installation File". It is a ZIP file.
- Make sure that MapManager is installed on your computer.
- Browse to the folder extracted earlier called "Southern Alberta Trails.gmapi", double click on it and then the "Install" button.
- Maps can then be installed to a GPS using Garmin's Mapinstall program.
2) Other Files for other brand units and computer use.....
- Lowrance units. I do not
detailed instructions at this time. Please
let me know how they work!!
- GPX Version. Good for "other" use...
- KMZ Version. For use on Google Earth.
- ESRI Shape Version. For use on Magellan units. See here for a tutorial.
- Source Files. Includes Polish format map.